Uttarakhand Open University
Uttarakhand Open University (UOU) is a public university. It is the one and only open university in the Northern state of Uttarakhand. State government of Uttarakhand established this university in 2005 with an aim of providing distance education courses at undergraduate an post graduate levels.
- Uttarakhand Open University has many courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. It offers courses in two cycles namely: Summer Session and Winter Session.
- It gives the students the flexibility of applying for admission in both offline and online way.
- If you are applying through offline mode, you can get the form from book stores of study centers. In online mode candidates have to apply for the admission through the official website of Uttarakhand Open University.
- The University provides reservation of seats to certain students as per the guidelines of the State Government of Uttarakhand.
- Candidates need to clear the class 12th examination to get the admission in undergraduate programs. And one has to have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field for post-graduation courses.
The college authority thoroughly verifies the documents before allotting a seat to the student.
- It is to keep in mind that application of winter session is not valid for the summer session and vice versa.
- Additionally, they use the first come first serve procedure to fill the seats in all UG and PG courses.
- If you are seeking admission in MBA and PG Diplomas in Management, you would require a valid CAT or MAT scores or appear in the entrance test conducted by UOU.
Courses Offered by Uttarakhand Open University:
The Uttarakhand Open University offers following courses to the candidates:
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Computer Application
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management
- Bachelor of Education
- Diploma in Management of Non-wood Forest Products
- Diploma in Tourism Studies
- Diploma in Hospitaliry Administration
- Diploma in Public Health and Community Nutrition
- Diploma in Yogic Science
- Diploma in Phalit Jyotish
- Diploma in Vedic Karmakand
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Right to Information
- Diploma in Value Added Products from Fruits and Vegetables
- Diploma in Commercial Horticulture
- Master of Science
- Master of Arts
- Master of Commerce
- Master of Tourism and Travel Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Social Work
- Master of Computer Application
- Master of Journalism and Mass Communication
Post Graduate Diploma Courses:
- PG Diploma Human Resource Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Disaster Management
- PG Diploma in Marketing Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application
- Post Graduate Diploma in Geo Informatics
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cyber Security
- Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cyber Law
- Post Graduate Diploma in Broadcast Journalism & New Media
- Certificate in Memory Enhancement
- Certificate Course in Panchayati Raj
- Certificate in Vedic Karmkand
- Certificate in Geo Informatics
- Certificate in Computer Application
- Certificate in e-Governance and Cyber Security
- Certificate in Ayurvedic Masseur
- Certificate in Herbal Beauty Care
- Certificate in Phalit Jyotish
- Certificate in Sanskrit Language
- Certificate programme in Japanese Language
- Certificate Course in Office Management
- Certificate in Ayurvedic Herb Cultivation
- Certificate in Ayurvedic Food and Nutrition
- Certificate in Yogic Sciences
- Certificate in Naturopathy
- Certificate course in Food and Nutrition
- Certificate in Web designing and development
- Certificate in Right to Information
- Certificate in Human Rights
- Certificate in Organic Farming
- Foundation Course in special education
- Certificate in Banking
Uttarakhand Open University offers 66 courses across 12 streams. These are: Arts, Science, Management, Commerce & Banking, IT, Hotel Management, Education, Media & Mass Communication, Law, Vocational, Paramedical, and Agriculture Science.
Uttarakhand Open University Admission 2020 Application Procedure:
- Online admission is available University’s website www.uou.ac.in in all programmes. In this mode the fee can be paid only through the payment gateway (Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking).
- To get Online Admission http://online.uou.ac.in and To fill Online Examination form http://exam.uou.ac.in
- Those learners who opt for admission through online process, are not required to pay Rs. 100/- (One Hundred Rupees only) towards prospectus fee.
- Learners may also fill application forms online. The students who opt for online admission, shall not have to pay Rs.100/- towards the prospectus. The directions for filling online application form are given at the end of this prospectus.
- After Filling-in the Online Application Form download it and make a hard copy and submit this hard copy at your study centre along with the copies of self-attested testimonials, also get your testimonials verified at the study centre.
- Applicants are instructed to visit University’s website http://www.uou.ac.in regularly for the latest and detailed Information-regarding entrance test.
- The applicants taking admission through Online mode shall attach their scanned original documents with the application form and submit a signed certificate in the given format. The applicants taking admission through Offline mode shall enclose the self attested photocopies of their original document and attested photocopies of their original document and a signed certificate in the given form.