Clouds End is located about 7.5 km away from Mussoorie Library road. With clouds drifting away like fleeting ships at the harbour, the beauty of Clouds End Mussoorie makes the heart skip a beat. This sultry alpine beauty stands aloof in the midst of tall conifers, that remains blanketed by the cottony clouds. Unlike other tourist places in Mussoorie that bustles with human activity, Cloud’s End is a place that offers peace and tranquility.
The entire place around Cloud’s End is dotted by the dense oak and pine forests, which makes it is a nature lover’s retreat. This comely place serves as a landmark to the geographical end of Mussoorie. A swift 7 km drive from the main Mussoorie city will make you reach here in no time.
Cloud’s End Overview:
|Distance From Library Bus Stand:||7.5 km|
|Visited from:||Library Bus Stand|
|Trip Duration (Including Travel):||1-2 Hours|
|Transportation Options:||Cab/ Auto|
|Famous for:||Viewpoints, Sunrise, Sunset, Nature Walks and Resort|
|Entry Fee:||50 Rupees|
|Best Time to Visit:||All around the year|
Cloud’s End – Where the Clouds Engulf Mussoorie
- Spread across 2,000 acres of thick woodlands, the Cloud’s End in the ‘Hill Queen’ Mussoorie is a place worth investing your time in.
- It is a must visit place for the nature lovers who wish to be cradled by mother nature.
- Clouds End is an important landmark and a popular place to hit among the tourists visiting Mussoorie. This pictorial place boasts a pleasant climate throughout the year.
- One can savour scenic views of the misty hills and hike uphill to the wooded haven of Mussoorie.
Things to do:
- Apart from the green foliage, Cloud’s End portrays the beauty of English architecture. One can see the remnants of British colonialism in the form of a rustic heritage building, which stands here frozen in time.
- This building was built by the British officer, Major Swetenham in 1838. It is one of the oldest buildings in Mussoorie. It is now refurbished into a heritage hotel known as the Cloud’s End Forest Resort.
- The bungalow still retains the original architecture, furniture, paintings, books, and relics which represent the history of the bygone era.
- Many lovebirds come here to behold the molten sunset and sunrise view from Tibbi Point. You can also indulge in other recreational activities such as,
- Hill climbing
- Nature walks
- Photography and village tours.
- Some of the famous tourist attractions near Cloud’s End are,
Cloud’s End- A Biking Trail
- Cloud’s End is a perfect destination for biking. One can enjoy mountain biking all the way up to Cloud’s End Resort.
- The trail is covered by fog and mist, making the atmosphere romantic. Couples who are into fitness and biking can bond over this cycling trail, which will open up to the views of mighty hills.
Trekking at Clouds End Mussoorie:
- Enveloped by lush greenery, Cloud’s End offers a gorgeous panorama of the snow-bound Himalayan peaks.
- You can go on trekking expeditions from here to admire the Himalayan flora and fauna found in this region.
- The place also offers a glorious vista of the River Valley. Trekking junkies can undertake the rewarding
- Jwala Devi Temple trek (2 km)
- And Bhadraj Temple trek (11 km), which one can easily commence from Cloud’s End.
Cloud’s End- Famous View Point in Mussoorie
- This suburban area of Mussoorie lies isolated from the hustle and bustle of the Hill Queen.
- It is not only a famous viewpoint but an undisturbed area to enjoy the view of fleecy clouds, hovering over Mussoorie.
- From here, one can relish the glittering view of Doon Valley, Yamuna river and the township of Mussoorie
- Cloud’s End in Mussoorie is one of the favorite weekend destinations of Doonites, who throng here every week.
- Its proximity to Doon makes it popular among the college-goers and young couples, who come here to get over the maddening rush of the city.
Best Time to Visit Clouds End Mussoorie:
One can visit Cloud’s End anytime as Mussoorie boasts a pleasant weather throughout the year. It is advised to carry woolens every time you visit here, as the hill station remains chilly all around the year.
Accommodation option at Cloud’s End Forest Resort in Mussoorie:
- The Cloud’s End Forest Resort is a luxury accommodation in the realms of Mussoorie. This one-storied resort features 10 rooms that offer a pleasurable stay to its guests.
- This warm retreat is well equipped with modern amenities such as
- A backup generator
- Room service
- Front desk
- And doctor on call service.
- Each room consists of a wardrobe and an attached bathroom with hot and cold running water.
- Bottled water is made available to the guests for drinking. The resort has an in-house restaurant which serves an array of freshly cooked dishes.
- Breakfast service is provided free of cost to the guests. This property is carpeted by a blossoming garden, where the guests can go for a leisure walk. Travel desk handles the day tour and travel assistance.
How to reach Cloud’s End in Mussoorie:
- Cloud’s End is located about 7.5 km away from Mussoorie Library road. One can easily come here by car or by following the route along Hathipaon road from Happy Valley.
- Cloud’s End is an excellent place for de-stressing, an easy drive of 20 minutes from Savoy will make you reach here.
- One can easily reach here by hiring a jeep/taxi. The nearest railhead to Cloud’s End is Dehradun railway station at 37 km away.
- Jolly Grant airport in Dehradun at 62 km away is the closest air connectivity from here. You can hire a taxi or take the Direct Government roadway bus that plies to Mussoorie from Dehradun on daily basis.