Dehradun Mussoorie Ropeway Project – Doon to Mussoorie in 16 Minutes
Dehradun-Mussoorie ropeway project, the much awaited project is introduced by Chief minister Trivendra Singh Rawat on March 06, 2019. The length of the ropeway will be 5.5 km from Purkul to Mussoorie. The ropeway will be constructed by France’s Poma International company at a cost of 400 crores.
Start Point of Ropeway: Purkulgaon Village, Dehradun
End Point of Ropeway: MDDA Taxi Stand, Mussoorie
Length of Ropeway: 5.5 km
How much time will it take to reach from Dehradun to Mussoorie?
It will reduce travel time between the state capital and the Queen of Hills to around 10-12 minutes. One can reach Dehradun to Mussoorie from this ropeway.
Main Objective of this ropeway:
The main objective of this ropeway construction is to reduce traffic pressure in Mussoorie. So that it will reduce the pollution too.
Important Facts about Dehradun Mussoorie Ropeway”
|Length of the Ropeway (approx.)||5.5 kms|
|Verticle Rise||1,037 m|
|Proposed Technology||Mono-cable Detachable Gondola (MDG)|
|Design Capacity||1000 PPHPD|
|Line Speed (avg.)||6.5 m/s|
|Travel Time (approx.)||16 minutes|
|Cabins (both direction)||53|
Lets understand it by Map:
Benefits of Dehradun-Mussoorie Ropeway Project:
- The ropeway will shorten the one-hour drive to Mussoorie and It will take almost 16 minutes to reach mussoorie.
- The ropeway will also help curb pollution in the hill station. Pollution created by hundreds of vehicles will now won’t happen.
- It can operate both in rain and snow. So travellers can easily travel during heavy rains or snowfall without any hassles.
- Around 1000-1200 people can be transported at a single time from the ropeway.
- Transportation will be easier for the people.
- Tourism in Mussoorie will grow. The Dehradun-Mussoorie Ropeway Project will provide an encouragement to tourism in Mussoorie.
- The cable car will become an added attraction for both the destinations.