Lachhiwala now known as “Nature Park” is one of the popular picnic spots in Dehradun. It has man-made water pools among the forest with a river flowing by. One can hit this place during the summers to swim in the cool waters of the pool. This pool is filled by a stream of Suswa river.
This area is also known for its lush greenery. Many nature lovers flock this place many fun activities such as swimming, trekking and bird watching. In fact, the vegetation at Lachhiwala is a mix of deciduous and Sal trees. Also, many nature lovers and solitude seekers come here to find peace and happiness. Lachhiwala is now named as Nature Park.
|Entry Fee||Adult Rs 10/-,Child Rs 5/-|
|Distance from ISBT Dehradun||15 Km / 35 Min|
|Exploration Time||2-3 Hours|
|Famous for||Fun, Waterfall, Picnic spot|
Things to do in and around Lachhiwala
- Because it is a popular summer destination, it sees a lot of visitors. For instance, travelers come here to bask in the glory of nature.
- Similarly, many people hit this place in summer to get a relief from the scorching heat.
- Families, kids and youngsters also throng here to have fun and frolic in the placid waters.
- One can enjoy several recreational activities here such as swimming, trekking around the woods and bird watching.
- Laxman Siddh Temple is located nearby. One can also visit this temple from this place.
- This place is far away from the hustle-bustle of the maddening city. So you can also relax and breathe in the fresh air.
- Many shutterbugs also come here to capture the untouched beauty of nature’s bounty.
- Lachhiwala is also a popular birding site. Varied bird species also thrive in the Lachhiwala range and along the Song River.
- Here you can also spot several migratory birds.
- You can also hire a local guide here. The guide will tell you the exact place to watch specific species of birds.
- He will also teach you some basic techniques required for bird watching.
Lachhiwala Entry Fee
|Child (Below 12 years)||Rs 5/-|
VEHICLE CHARGE (PARKING FEE):
|Two Wheeler||Rs 10/-|
Lachhiwala picnic spot timings
Opening and closing time: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Best Time to Visit
Lachhiwala can be visited anytime because the weather remains pleasant here all around the year.
However, it is preferred to visit it during the summer season. During summers one can swim in the man-made pools of Lachhiwala.
Accommodation in Lachhiwala
Since Lachhiwala has evolved as a popular summer spot and tourist destination, it offers fine accommodation facilities. One can also easily stay in the Forest Rest House.
This is cocooned in the midst of the thick vegetation. Scrumptious food is served here and the fare is also nominal. Do check the availability beforehand because the rooms are booked in advance here.
How to reach Lachhiwala
- Lachhiwala is located at Doiwala block in Dehradun district of Uttarakhand. It is situated on Haridwar–Rishikesh road.
- One can easily reach here from Dehradun.
- You can take local buses and also hire taxis to travel all the way up to Lachhiwala Range.
- These taxis and buses are available from Dehradun and also from surrounding areas.
- In fact, it is about 20 km from Dehradun and only 5 km away from Doiwala.
- Dehradun railway station, which is 19 km away is the nearest railhead.
- Furthermore, Jolly Grant airport at 14 km is the closest air connectivity to here.