“Company Bagh” in Mussoorie
Company Garden also known as “Company Bagh” is a Municipal Garden is located in the heart of Mussoorie. This well-manicured, lush garden is one of the most visited places in Mussoorie. The park is maintained and looked after by the Garden Welfare Association of Mussoorie.
Company Bagh is most visited by:
- The families
- And nature lovers who come here to admire the supreme beauty.
The park showcases lush green carpets of gardens done in Colonial style.
Things to do in and around Company Garden:
- Company Garden is a major picnic spot and sightseeing place in Mussoorie.
- It exhibits around 800 different varieties of flowers, including,
- And Petunia.
- The garden has its own nursery selling a myriad range of plants.
- One can see the artificial lake with a gurgling waterfall, where many visitors click photographs.
- Company Bagh also houses a small park with several amusement rides such as,
- Frog ride
- And swing chairs for the kids to relish.
- Visitors can enjoy boating on the lake present inside the garden area.
- The telescope installed at the Company Garden will offer you stellar views of the surrounding Himalayan ranges.
- You can also visit some of the nearby tourist places such as:
History of Company Garden:
- Company Garden formerly known as Botanical Garden was laid by the famous geologist, Dr. H. Fackner in the early 20th century.
- The garden features sprawling green carpets of lawns and beautiful fountains installed in the epicenter.
Opening and Closing Time: 9 am to 6 pm
Distance from Library Bus Stand: 3.5 km
Visited from: Library Bus Stand
Trip Duration (Including Travel): 1-2 hours
Transportation Option: Cab/Auto
Shopping at Company Bagh:
As you walk upwards, you will see a small market having 10-12 shops selling,
- Chunky jewellery
- Toys etc.
You can buy souvenirs and trinkets for your loved ones at affordable prices. If you are here then you will probably encounter a few photographers who will click a quick photo of you, on charge.
Food at the Garden:
- The Company Bagh has small eateries near the lake serving delicious food to its connoisseurs.
- The open arrangement at the tiny restaurants offers a placid view of the lakeside.
- Every restaurant welcomes you with the cool breeze reminding you that you are in the Queen of Hills.
The Wax Museum and Haunted House at Company Garden:
Newly added Dev Bhoomi Wax Museum at Company Garden draws the attention of many art lovers. This one of a kind museum displays wax statues of eminent personalities such as,
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Jawaharlal Nehru
- Mother Teresa
- Michael Jackson
- Princess Diana
- And Barack Obama.
It is the third such museum in India, the other two are in Tamil Nadu and Lonavla in Maharashtra. Apart from this, the park has also has a Haunted House to spook the visitors. A food court inside the premises of the wax museum offers various eatables to satiate the food cravings.
Best Time to visit the Garden:
- The ideal time to visit Company Bagh would be during the late spring and summer. During this time, the flowers are in full bloom.
- However, the place remains in a green ever glow all around the year. So you can visit here anytime.
How to reach Company Garden in Mussoorie:
- Company Garden is at a distance of 3 km away from Mussoorie Library Bus Stand.
- It is situated at the bustling Mall road. One can easily reach here by hiring a taxi or by taking the cycle rickshaw from Library Chowk.
- Pedestrians can easily cover the distance on foot.
- Dehradun railway station at 34 km is the nearest railhead.
- Jolly Grant airport at 57 km away is the closest air connectivity.
Garden Entry Fee: Rs 25
Wax Museum Entry: Rs 100
Haunted House Entry: Rs 70
Boating: Rs 75
Telescope View: Rs 10
Parking Facility: Rs 50