Pauri Garhwal is one of the 13 districts of northern state of Uttarakhand, India. It is also one of the 7 districts of Garhwal division of Uttarakhand. Other division being Kumaon, which includes remaining 6 districts of the state. Its district headquarters are in the town of Pauri. Pauri Garhwal map consists of its 9 tehsils, which are namely,
Map of Pauri Garhwal and its Borders:
the above map of Pauri Garhwal district consists of its all 9 tehsils. The district shares its border with:
Few Facts about Pauri Garhwal District:
- As of the data of 2001 census, the entire Pauri Garhwal district had a total population of 697,078.
- Pauri is a popular hill-station. The climate of Pauri Garhwal is remains pleasant in summer and cold in winter. It has many tourist places for a weekend getaway of family holidays.
- The region attracts many tourists through its lush green valleys, climate, and snowy mountain peaks.
- For example, Khirsu, Kandoliya Chaukhamba view point, and Lansdowne are good options to explore. Khirsu offers a panoramic view of Garhwal Himalayas
- Apart from tourism, Pauri Garhwal is home to many important Hindu temples, such as
- Kandoliya Devta temple
- Danda Nagraj temple
- Jwalpa Devi temple
- Tapkeshwar Mahadev temple
- Shoonya Shikhar Ashram
- Kyukaleshwar Mahadev temple
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev temple
- Binsar Mahadev temple
- Nadbudh Bhairava Temple
- Ekeshwar Mahadev temple
- Pauri Garhwal is also an educational hub of Garhwal division. Many good schools and colleges are there in the district. Some of them are:
- G.B. Pant Engineering College, Ghurdauri
- HNB University, Srinagar