Bright End Corner
Bright End Corner is situated about 2 kilometers out from Almora District of the state Uttarakhand of India. Almora is considered as the cultural capital of Uttarakhand.
The city represents the entire culture of Kumaon region. This particular place gets its name because of its beautiful mornings and evenings. Sunset and sunrise are the most awaited events at Bright End Corner.
This beautiful viewpoint has a Vivekanand library situated very close to it. This library is dedicated to Swami Vivekanand, where he spent few days during his stay in the Himalayas.
Special About Bright End Corner:
- Bright end corner offers incredible views of the Himalayan range.
- It showcases magnificent Himalayan peaks such as
- Trishul I
- Trishul II
- and Trishul III
- Nanda Devi
- and Panchachuli.
- There are many restaurants and cafes. It offers amazing views of sunset and sunrise.
- The place gets excited in the evening. Many teenagers and youngsters hangout here.
- In the morning you can see people jogging and running before sunrise.
- The place is full of trees and natural bliss. The cold wind makes the experience even better.
- The place is great for spending some quality time with your family.
- The quietness of this place make it a great place to indulge in mediation and yoga.
- There is no entry fee. There are a few good restaurants around this place.
Things to See in The Bright End Corner:
This place in Almora attracts a lot of visitors in the evening. One can see many teenagers on their scooties and bikes hanging out and having fun.
The weather of Almora remains calm and pleasant during summers. In winters it gets a little cold. Apart from that, there are some other things it is famous for:
- Rama Krishna Kutir – a meditation center
- Sunset and Sunrise
- Swami Vivekananda library
- Swami Vivekananda memorial
How to Reach:
Nearest railway station to Almora is Kathgodam Railway Station, which is 94 kilometers away. Then visitors can get a cab or a bus from Kathgodam or Haldwani. It takes nearly 3 hours to reach Almora from Haldwani.
Nearest airport to Almora in Uttarakhand is Pantnagar Airport. It is 124 kilometers away. It would take nearly 5 hours to reach Almora from here. Taxis and buses to Haldwani and Kathgodam are available from the airport.