Vasudhara Falls is a beautiful waterfall near Badrinath in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand, India. It sits at an altitude of 12,000 feet on the banks of river Alaknanda.
Vasudhara Falls is surrounded by beautiful Himalayan mountain peaks. The water of this amazing falls flows down from the height of 400 feet(122 mt).
From a distance, the water of the fall appears like a stream of fresh milk flowing down the mountain. A bath under the falling water is very refreshing stress buster.
View Around The Waterfall:
- The views of Vasudhara river valley during the trek are very scenic.
- The beautiful landscapes
- Snow covered mountains
- Large meadows all around the trek to Vasudhara are refreshing and mind blowing.
The Mythology (Story) of Vasudhara falls:
- The fall is considered to be a divine place by locals. There is a myth among the people of nearby villages that the water of this waterfall turns away from the people who are not pure at heart.
- Devotees believe that Pandavas had passed through Mana village, when they were on their journey to heaven.
How to Reach Vasudhara Falls:
- Total distance from Badrinath to Vasudhara is 9 km. The first 3 kilometers of badrinath to Mana village is road. You can drive till here.
- Visitors then have to trek 6 km from Mana village to reach this waterfall. But this trek is amazing and full of new experiences.
- The trekking from Mana to Vasudhara falls takes about two hours. The first 2-3 kms are easy.
- But, after the Saraswati Mandir, the trek becomes difficult and very steep.