Madmaheshwar Temple or Madhyamaheshwar Temple
Madmaheshwar Temple or Madhyamaheshwar Temple is an important Hindu temple. It is home to the Lord Shiva. The temple is in the Mansoona village of Garhwal Himalayas. The area lies in Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand, India. Madmaheshwar is sitting at a spectacular elevation of 3,497 m (11,473 ft) above sea level.
It is the fourth temple in order to visit all five Panch Kedar pilgrimage circuit. It comprises five Lord Shiva temples in the Garhwal, Uttarakhand. The other temples in the group include:
- And Rudranath to be visited before Madmaheshwar. And the Kalpeshwar temple to be visited after Madmaheshwar.
Devotees believe that Pandavas built this temple in the Mahabharata era. Madmaheshwar means the middle or belly part or navel of the bull form of Lord Shiva.
Structure and Insides of Madhyamaheshwar Temple:
The temple is in a lush meadow, just below a high ridge. The older one is “Vriddh-Madhyamaheshwar” temple. It is a tiny blackened shrine on the ridge. It looks straight up at the commanding Chaukhamba peaks.
In the new and current temple, a navel-shaped Shivlingam is there. It is made of black stone. There are two other smaller shrines:
- One for Parvati
- And the other dedicated to the Ardhanarishwara, a half-Shiva half-Parvati avatar.
According to the legends Bhima built this temple. He was the second among Pandava brothers. He worshiped here. To the right of the main temple, there is another temple. Here the marble idol of Saraswati is present. Maa Saraswati is the Hindu goddess of learning and knowledge.
- The Madhyamaheshwar temple is located in a lush green valley. It is surrounded by snow-covered peaks of
- Neel Kanth
- And Kedarnath.
- The Kedar hills give a view of the mountain formation with a number of glaciers. These include the source of the Mandakini River.
- Madhyameshwar trek The trek starts from Uniana and goes on to Ransi. There is an ancient temple built of stones.
- From Uniana to Madhyameshwar the entire trek is covered with wild and natural scenic beauty in the beauty of
- And Neelkantha peaks along the route.
- You will find Monal bird and Kasturi Deer. So don’t forget to pick up your camera.
Best Time to Visit Madhyamaheshwar or Madmaheshwar:
- Summers and springs are the best time to camp here. One can enjoy a bonfire at night before or after the trekking.
- The area witnesses moderate weather throughout the year. The summers could get warmer but overall remain pleasant. But winters can be cold.
- The recommended time to visit Madhyamaheshwar is between the months of May and October.
Monthly Weather in Madhyamaheshwar Throughout The Year:
|Month||Average Minimum (°C)||Average Maximum (°C)|
How to Reach Madmaheshwar:
Ukhimath is well connected to other major cities of the country via regular buses and taxis. Regular and AC buses are available from ISBT Dehradun and ISBT Kashmere Gate, Delhi.
There is no railway track directly to Ukhimath. The nearest railway station is Kotdwar. It is nearly 205 km from Ukhimath. From Kotdwar there are plenty of options such as public transport and cabs to reach Ukhimath.