‘Man-made Lake in Mussoorie’
Mussoorie Lake is a man-made lake developed as a picnic spot by the City Board and the Mussoorie Dehradun Developmental Authority. This tiny lake is created by a natural waterfall cascading nearby. One has to take a swift flight of stairs to reach the lake area. The green cover around the lake offers spellbinding views of Doon Valley and the mighty Garhwal ranges.
Things to do in and around the Lake:
- Mussoorie Lake is one of the famous places to visit among the families, couples, and newly-weds, who come here to enjoy boating.
- There are a few paddled boats to relish the placidness of this minion lake.
- One can stroll around this place, see a team of ducks and swans fleeting here.
- Many tourists come here for picnicking with their families.
- One can enjoy several adventure activities here such as:
- Zip lining,
- And paragliding.
- If you are a shutterbug, you can indulge in photography. A variety of Himalayan birds can be seen perching on the conifers that surround the area.
- You can visit some of the nearby tourist attractions from the lake such as:
Food at Mussoorie Lake:
There are a few shops and eateries having an open seating arrangement. These tiny restaurants serve:
- Momos etc.
You can sip a cup of hot coffee while soaking the warmth of the sun shining over the lofty hills. If you are planning to eat somewhere else then here are a few options:
- Fortune Restaurant
- Café De Tavern
- Momos Restaurant
- The Rice Bowl
- Sher E Punjab
- Mughal Dilli 6
- Urban Turban
- Bistro etc.
These are the few nearby restaurants from Mussoorie, you can choose to eat at the place which suits your budget.
Timings: 9 am to 6 pm
Entry Fee: Rs 15
Famous For: Boating, Picnicking, Adventure Activities
Distance (From Library Bus Stand): 6.5 km
Trip Duration (Including Travel): 1-2 Hours
Place Location: On Dehradun-Mussoorie road
Transportation Options: Bus/Cab/Auto
Activities: Boating, Zip Lining- Rs 350 per heads
Best Time to Visit The Lake:
The ideal time to visit the lake would be during the Monsoon season as the place remains clad in a thick cover of greens. The lake is filled with Monsoonal water and aquatic plants thrive in the lake water. The lake remains open for the visitors on all days of the year and the entry fee is kept nominal so everybody can have fun here.
How to reach Mussoorie Lake:
Mussoorie Lake is situated 6 km away from Mussoorie Library Bus Stand. The road winding towards Mussoorie lake offers refreshing views of the green slopes. This artificial lake is situated on Dehradun-Mussoorie road. One can get down at Dhobi Ghat, from where you can walk on foot to reach the lake.
Alternatively, you can also hire a taxi to reach here. Dehradun railway station at 28 km away is the nearest railhead. Dehradun Jolly Grant airport at 53 km away is the closest air-connectivity.