Tera Manzil Temple
“The 13-Storey Temple in Rishikesh”
Tera Manzil Temple or Trimbakeshwar temple (Trayambakeshwar Temple) celebrated for its unique architecture is an important place of worship in Rishikesh. This 13 storey temple nestled on the banks of river Ganga serves as a major landmark to the city. Its proximity to Laxman Jhula makes it a popular tourist attraction.
Unlike other temples, the Trayambakeshwar temple is not dedicated to a single deity. Therefore, many inter-faith devotees and tourists from all across the world visit here for spiritual bliss. The temple is known to attract a large number of devotees during Shravan Somvar and Maha Shivratri.
History of Tera Manzil Temple:
- Tera Manzil temple is also known as Kailash Niketan Temple.
- It is one of the most popular Hindu shrines in Rishikesh. Adi Shankaracharya established this ancient Hindu temple in the 9th century AD.
Architecture of Kailash Niketan Temple:
- Terah Manzil temple boasts a huge symmetrical structure which attracts many tourists from all over the country.
- The temple’s most distinctive feature is its towering height and marvelous architecture.
- The temple gets its unique name from the 13 floors that are housed inside the building.
- Each showcasing different Hindu shrines, where the devotees can bow down and worship.
Things to do in and around the Temple:
- Take a flight of stairs that will guide you to this multi-storey building. There are several shops housed inside the temple complex that sell:
- Precious gemstones
- Handicraft items
- And artifacts.
- Climb upstairs and stroll along the galleries to see beautiful effigies of several Hindu gods and goddesses. One can also read the Hindu scriptures available here.
Soak a panoramic view of the glistening Ganga river from the top floor of the building. Also, don’t forget to catch the tempting sunset view from here which is beyond one’s imagination.
Some of the nearby attractions to visit from Trimbakeshwar Mandir are: