“The 13-Storey Temple in Rishikesh”
Tera Manzil Temple or Trimbakeshwar temple (Trayambakeshwar Temple) is an important place of worship in Rishikesh. It is a celebrated place for its unique architecture This 13 storey temple, nestled on the banks of river Ganga. It serves as a major landmark to the city. Its proximity to Laxman Jhula makes it a popular tourist attraction.
Unlike other temples, the Trayambakeshwar temple is not dedicated to a single deity. Therefore, many inter-faith devotees and tourists from all across the world visit here for spiritual bliss. The temple is known to attract a large number of devotees during
- Shravan Somvar
- And Maha Shivratri.
History of Tera Manzil Temple or Trayambakeshwar Temple:
- Tera Manzil temple is also known as Kailash Niketan Temple.
- It is one of the most popular Hindu shrines in Rishikesh. Adi Shankaracharya established this ancient Hindu temple in the 9th century AD.
Architecture of Kailash Niketan Temple:
- Terah Manzil temple boasts a huge symmetrical structure. It attracts many tourists from all over the country.
- The temple’s most distinctive feature is its towering height and marvelous architecture.
- The temple gets its unique name from the 13 floors that are housed inside the building.
- Each showcasing different Hindu shrines, where the devotees can bow down and worship.
Things to do in and around the Temple:
- Take a flight of stairs that will guide you to this multi-storey building. There are several shops housed inside the temple complex that sell:
- Precious gemstones
- Handicraft items
- And artifacts.
- Climb upstairs and stroll along the galleries to see beautiful effigies of several Hindu gods and goddesses. One can also read the Hindu scriptures available here.
- Soak a panoramic view of the glistening Ganga river from the top floor of the building.
- Also, don’t forget to catch the tempting sunset view from here which is beyond one’s imagination.
Some of the nearby attractions to visit from Trimbakeshwar Mandir are:
Entrance Fees: Free
Opening and Closing Time: From 6 am to 7 pm
Commonly Visited From: Lakshman Jhula (100m)
Trip Duration (From Lakshman Jhula, Including Travel): 1-2 Hours
How to Reach Tera Manzil Temple:
- Tera Manzil temple nestled on the banks of river Ganga is a famous Hindu temple in Rishikesh.
- One can easily reach here from Laxman Jhula on foot. Rishikesh railway station at 12 km away is the nearest railhead from the temple.
- Jolly Grant airport 30 km is the closest air connectivity from here.