Astley Hall “A British Establishment in Doon”
The elegantly designed Astley Hall, enduring the wrath of time since the British rule has always been the glittering gem of Dehradun. One can see several posh restaurants, cafes, food chains, gift and bouquet shops lining here. Many visitors who visit here enjoy having a glimpse of Dehradun’s rustic life.
Additionally, Astley Hall is not only a shopping centre but a social hub. Here many people also come to chill and dine. It is a magnet for diners and youngsters. The place is always packed with the vibrant crowd coming from all walks of life. Not only the locals but many tourists also throng here to:
- Buy souvenirs
- Or to relax at the small cafes and eateries dotted across the road.
Things to do at Astley Hall, Dehradun:
If you are at this place then don’t forget to check out:
- The exquisite wooden
- Bamboo and cane items that are beautifully crafted by the local artisans.
Here you can also grab your hands on the cosy woollen cardigans, shawls and sweaters. These are available at good prices. Even kids have a gala time here as McDonalds and Baskin Robins are there to entice them. Restaurants such as Black Pepper, Cosmopolitan host birthday and anniversary parties. Here they make bookings before-hand.
You can also watch the latest flicks being showcased at the Orient Cinema in Astley Hall. If you are a tourist then you can await your stay at some of the hotels located near this place. They offer comfortable lodging to its visitors. For instance, some of the places to visit near this place are:
How to reach:
- Buses from various routes like D.L. Road, Clement Town, Rajpur and Nalapani run towards Astley Hall.
- One can also take the Vikram no. 1, 2, 3 and 5. In fact, they will drop you at the entrance of the hall.
- Dehradun railway station at 2 km is the nearest railhead. While Jolly Grant airport at 28 km is the nearest air connectivity.